Interested in being part of Volunteer Expo by being one of our show volunteers? It’s the perfect volunteer opportunity! Your contribution in both time and energy will ensure our visitor experience at Volunteer Expo is exceptional. Help us deliver a smooth and positive experience for both visitors, exhibitors and other volunteers.
To apply for a volunteer role, complete the online application form at the bottom of this page by Thursday 14th April 2022.
Think you’re up to the challenge to be part of an enthusiastic team of show volunteers? Apply by 14th April 2022.
What’s in it for you?
- Be part of an enthusiastic and engaging team.
- Develop new skills and build on existing ones through training and participation.
- Be part of an exciting, new national event.
- Be an ambassador for Volunteer Expo and wear the branded volunteer t-shirt.
- We aim to give all our volunteer team a valuable and rewarding experience. We will provide the tools for the job and the back-up of the volunteer team and create opportunities for you to meet other charities and organisations.
- Free parking for those travelling by car
As a member of the volunteer team, you will:
- Participate in an online training webinar (time and date TBC).
- Be onsite at the NEC during Friday 6th and Saturday 7th May 2022, as per your personal schedule
- Attend a briefing and de-briefing session with the Volunteer Expo volunteer team each morning, lunch time and/or evening, depending on your shift.
- Receive full instructions for each shift.
- Support, mentor and motivate fellow show team volunteers in their role.
- Support the Volunteer Team Leader and Volunteer Expo staff in their daily duties.
Please be aware that these roles can be physically demanding.
Have you got what it takes?
To take on a show volunteer role you will need to:
- Have high energy, enthusiasm and a positive approach.
- Be willing to muck in with various tasks – the more you do the more you will learn.
- Be a good communicator – effective team players are able to express their thoughts and visions in a clear and understandable manner.
- Remain calm when working under pressure, especially when you’re working in a very busy environment.
- Multi-task – be accommodating and flexible to sudden changes in your environment and situation.
- Have confidence when dealing with the public.
- Have a ‘can do’ attitude and inspire others to be the same.
- Exercise decision-making skills.
- Be a team player but be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Be able to problem solve and prioritise tasks.
- Be trustworthy – we want team players who are dependable and responsible.
Online application form